Monday, April 3, 2017

Campus Resources


         The campus resources I use was the learning center and the library. Both I found to be very helpful and very interesting. I meet with a learning center tutor and her name was Cherise Fung., who was very pleasant and patience with me.  I schedule a half hour not knowing that I could have allotted an hour or even need ed my time, that half hour went by so fast  so i suggest that you make sure to schedule an hour.  I had to schedule another meeting and this time I for sure made it for an hour. I really appreciate the school for having this service for someone like, who is a first-year student and knowing very little about writing a paper. I also advise the use of the online tutor, the tutor was very fast with her responses, and her feedback was very helpful.
I also had a visit with the librarian and her name was Margaret Murry who I learned a lot from, like how to use the resources in the library or online. There are different ways to research a paper and different materials I could use in the library, like the reference corner, or the media tower; there was magazines, blog post, newspaper articles, all kinds of book, and then there was the online resources for research and credential source I can use to back up almost any topic I decide to use. Margaret was very detail on how to use the online library and how start your research on any given topic.
      Margaret had a well of knowledge about the library. She was very helpful with each student and took the time to answer any question that you may have. The information I received at the library was very much helpful with researching for my Speech Communication class and English class when trying to find creditable resources. 
      I look forward to using these two service for many days ahead and suggest all students to take advantage of these resources. I has made my experience at Northampton Community college a success. 

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting! I recently made an appointment for a half hour session so I will take what you said into account and change it into an hour

    ReplyDelete